8.3.13

ESCAPE Challenge entry on Polycount

hi there.
some of my colleagues and me got an entry in the current polycount escape challenge
see all the details in the thread.
here is a collage of the scene we want to make


[update]
screenz of the textures i will use for the environments


[update]
some realtime material tests in our engine




i tried to sculpt the bulges of the rock in mudbox and overlay the rest with a diffuse extracted normal. came out waaaaaay to hard though..but i did it in a rush. it needs more love, then it will turn out ok



here is the offset map of the ground. it works best, when it is very blurry


[Update]
This blogpost will get too big in the future, so now it has its own page on this blog